Thursday, August 26, 2010

How Did You Know You Passed the Boards?

Congratulations to my friends, Mariel Bautista, RN and Jill Mae Dimalanta, RN, to my cousins Alyssa Ashley Teñoso,RN and John Paolo Teñoso, RN. The results came in just today, by lunch time. I am so proud of them, really.

How did you know that you passed the boards?

My story was texts and Facebook wall posts have been roaming around that Saturday night. I was in Nueva Ecija back then, we attended the annual feast celebration. Rumors were the results will be released that night. I intended to sleep early, but I just can't. I lay on my bed and kept staring on the stars glowing on the ceiling. I turned my cellphone off, had some prayers and breathed hard. I suddenly fell asleep, maybe out of losing too much adrenaline. Then on that Sunday morning, I said to myself that the results may be released next week and totally forgot about it that day.

That night, we went home. Back in Manila. And the adrenaline came back as well. Suddenly, my friend texted. A group message I supposed. I completely forgot what she said, but the thought was she passed the boards or maybe she had her name plus the title RN. My thoughts were blocked. Why didn't she congratulate me? I was waiting for anyone to congratulate me! Then I checked if the results were released online, and WTF?! extreme low connection! I was so pissed that night. Then, my friend was calling me. I was with her throughout our review and I was scared to answer. But she has been calling me too many times and I just can't help but to answer.

"Cha! Congrats! Pumasa na tayo!", she said.

I was in a OMG-Hell Yeah-I passed! kind of emotion. Then I clicked on refresh too many times that it actually worked. I saw my name! 2734 ARANDELA, RICHARD ALLEN CUARTERO. Then I called mom and dad to let them know. They rushed to see my name. And they felt proud of me.

I was ecstatic that night. I hardly slept. I held on my phone. I sent a text message to my partner. My partner called me, said that he is so proud of me, he knew that I would make it and all the praises that you could think of. That's how it was. Then the smile never left my lips.

You, how did you know that you passed?

No comments:

Post a Comment